Dragonfly
I came across a little MeMe the other day, which just tickled me. Of course I had to do it. This little gem is 22 questions, to be answered by YOUR KIDS. It's sort of amazing and not just a little disturbing to find out what your kids think of you. Enjoy!

1. What does your Mom always say to you?
Doodlebug: You say, "clean your room." And, "time for bed." Oh, and you're always saying, "Do you have homework?" (the last said sotto-voice sarcastic)
Shaggy: You tell me you love me a lot. <--- he's a keeper

2. What makes Mom happy?
Doodlebug: A happy kid and not being alone; like when I get home from school.
Shaggy: When everyone in the family is happy. Cranky kids don't make for a happy Mom. Isn't that what you say?

3. What makes Mom sad?
Doodlebug: A kid being punished... like me. And being stressed.
Shaggy: When everyone argues with each other.
(I think they have "sad" confused with "annoyed")

4. What does your Mom do that makes you laugh?
Doodlebug: I don't know; I can't remember <--- apparently I don't make him laugh enough!
Shaggy: You tickle me, like a Loser! (Yes, folks... my favorite thing in the world is to tickle my 17 y.o. until he pees)

5. What was your Mom like as a child?
Doodlebug: You were Beautiful. And a good kid. <--- major points!
Shaggy: A really, really BAD child. Rebellious. You drove your parents nuts, I'm sure.

Hmmm.

6. How old is your Mom?
Doodlebug: You're 37! <--- he's WRONG
Shaggy: You're 34, right? Or is it 33? <--- also wrong but in a much better direction
(I'm actually 36 but I joke so often about being a different age, my poor kids have No Clue any longer)

7. How tall is your Mom?
Doodlebug: You're 4'11"
Shaggy: 5'5"
(Okay... I'm a bit concerned about their ability to judge heights. I'm 5'2")

8. What's her favorite thing to do?
Doodlebug: Work, cook, and take naps
Shaggy: Write!
(Take NAPS? Okay, yes, I do love me a good nap every now and then... like when I've stayed up until 3am the previous night. But seriously? My favorite thing to do?)

9. What does your Mom do when you're not around?
Doodlebug: Work, take naps, and watch TV <--- AGAIN with the naps???
Shaggy: Write and have sex <--- I DIED laughing when he said this one.
(On the other hand, I can now safely assume I am NOT loud enough for the entire house to hear.)

10. If your Mom becomes famous, what will it be for?
Doodlebug: Writing books
Shaggy: Writing a book better than Harry Potter <--- no pressure there, at all

11. What is your Mom really good at?
Doodlebug: Your cooking is the BEST! You should have your own show on that food channel.
Shaggy: Mothering. Oh, and writing. Though I think my imagination is better than yours.
(Okay, can I just PREEN for a moment? My 17 y.o. son just told me I'm really good at MOTHERING. Woo hooo!!!)

12. What is your Mom NOT very good at?
Doodlebug: Being quiet when you sleep <--- so says the child who snores like a freight train
Shaggy: Waking up in a good mood. I think you genetically passed that on to me, too. It's your fault.

13. What does your Mom do for her job?
Doodlebug: You make surveys.
Shaggy: You do surveys and you make sure everyone is happy. You have a really HARD job.

14. What's your Mom's favorite food?
Doodlebug: Pumpkin bread from Starbucks!
Shaggy: Chicken Marsala from Palotta's.

15. What makes you proud of your Mom?
Doodlebug: That you're beautiful. <--- he's SUCH a sweet, sweet suck-up child
Shaggy: That you're a good mother and you love me. And I'll really be proud when you FINISH a book!

16. If your Mom were a cartoon character, who would she be?
Doodlebug: George Jetson's wife, because she works a lot, like you. <--- I'm confused... George Jetson's wife WORKED? Is he watching a different cartoon than the one with which I'm familiar?
Shaggy: Marvin Martian, because he's funny and he's always threatening to do things to people.
(Now you know my secret to success... threats, that make people laugh.)

17. What do you and your Mom like to do together?
Doodlebug: Play games.
Shaggy: Talk about books, writing, life, and What-Ifs. Though I still say my imagination is better than yours. Like this book you're writing on... if it were mine I'd... <--- edited because he then went on a 30 minute diatribe about what he'd do differently.

18. How are your and your Mom the same?
Doodlebug: We have the same eyes! Of course, mine are prettier than yours. You say so.
Shaggy: Imagination, intelligence; we never wake up in a good mood. Oh, and we always go to sleep late.
(When asked about his sudden change of heart, that our imagination is the same... he said, "I'm being nice." Regarding his intelligence being the same as mine --- "Well, I'm more up to date so it equals out.")

19. How are you and your Mom different?
Doodlebug: The size. I'm shorter than you. Well, just a little shorter. Next year I'll be taller than you.
Shaggy: I can do Math and I'm better at History and Politics. I'm more logical than you are. You see things the BENT way... you know, the out-of-the-box way?
(I'm BENT? I think that was a compliment!)

20. How do you know your Mom loves you?
Doodlebug: You tell me!
Shaggy: Because you're asking me these questions right now. Because you tell me. Oh, and because I'm still here and alive!
(Okay, yes... I MAY have at some point(s) told my child I now understand why animals eat their young.)

21. Where is your Mom's favorite place to go?
Doodlebug: Bath & Body Works. I think you live there some times. .... but you smell real nice!
Shaggy: Scotland, Barnes & Noble, and Starbucks.

22. What is your Mom's least favorite place to go?
Doodlebug: I don't know... on a speed boat? <--- this said because the last time I was on a boat, I got SOAKED by a giant wave. While it was 50 degrees out. And windy. I was not happy.
Shaggy: Heh.. I know this one. Umm, the mall! Places with crowds! I-45 or really any freeway. Ohhhh! And really high overpasses! You really FREAK out on those. I don't know how you function. <--- sweet boy

So, that's it. A little more about me via my spawnlings. Yippee. I have to say, this was one of my favorite MeMe's yet. I really liked having a reason to sit down and ask them a bunch of questions. About me. If you have a blog and you have kids... consider yourself Tagged!



1 Response
  1. Kelly Says:

    Oh this is amazing. I cannot wait to be a Mum.