Dragonfly
Today marks the first day of Easter/Spring Break vacation. Well, for my boys... not for me. Since when does work NOT give us Good Friday off? It's Nuts. (not as nuts as trying to work with two heathens running about, though)

Anyhow, the boys have been running in and out and in and out and in and "Oh for the love of all that's holy, would you either STAY IN or STAY OUT?!"


I had a meltdown. The back door is right by my office. It's sticking for some reason. The wee one can't seem to get it to close on the first try so -- Bang. BANG. SLAM! It's enough to make any sane person go ape-shit.


A moment ago, Doodlebug came back in the back door from riding his caster board. In his hands are two plastic Easter eggs.




Aren't they cute?

He tells me, "Here, Mom. These are for you. Open them!" There's a little gleam in his eye. Suspicious, I say, "Umm, what's in them?" He beams, "It's a suprise!"


At this point, I definitely think he's up to something. You know, revenge for my meltdown. I run through the possibilities... snails, bugs, worms, something slimy that will make me scream. Finally, I suck it up and pop open the eggs. Here's what I found:



Isn't he just the most adorable???? And wow, does he have the Make-Mom-Feel-Guilty thing down PAT or what?!


2 Responses
  1. Laume Says:

    I think it's a survival skill in small boys. LOL. I used to tell my kids when they were little "It's a good thing you're so cute!" Now I'm just down to one often annoying teenager and I've mentally updated that to "It's a good thing he's so witty!" Just when I'm ready to yell at him, he makes me laugh.


  2. Dragonfly Says:

    I tell mine that VERY often and the little one really does have a survival mechanism that rivals most.

    I'm getting to the "it's a good thing you're so witty" stage with the Teenager. He's like his Dad - he doesn't say a whole lot but when he does, boy are they zingers.