Dragonfly
So, I got this idea from DebR over at Red Shoe Ramblings. It's only fun if you play along, though, so all you lurkers need to come out from the bushes. Yoo hooooo... I know you're out there. *grin*

Here are the rules if you want to post on your blog:
* Pick fifteen of your favorite movies.
* Go to IMDB and find a quote from each movie.
* Post them on your blog for everyone to guess.
* Fill in the film title once it’s guessed.

Reader Rules:
* No Googling or using IMDB search functions.

* Leave your answer(s) in the comments.

Ready, Set, Popcorn!

Editing to Add: I've posted a 2nd quote for all of the movies that haven't yet been correctly guessed. The new quotes are in italics.

There's a clue to #5 in the comments and I've added clues to #3 and #7.

Quote #1:
“I didn't ask for this role, but I'll play it. Now go do your best. Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid. Goethe said that. It's not too late for you to become a person of substance, Russell. Please get my son home safely. You know, I'm glad we spoke.” -- Almost Famous (said by Elaine Miller to lead guitarist of Stillwater, Russell Hammond); guessed by Bubbles

Quote #2:
“Mom, I'm worried about Antonia. Did you know that she put on her mouse ears and drives around town, all liquored up, NAKED?” -- Practical Magic (said by Kylie Owens, to her mother, Sally); guessed by Bubbles

Quote #3:
“What if next year I came back and I still felt the same way? I'll be old then. Do you realize that I am almost the only virgin in camp? Every girl knows this secret life except me. Look at it this way. It'd be a learning experience.” --- “Come on.” -- “Where are you going?” -- “I'm taking you back.” -- “Couldn't I spend the night here just for appearances? ...If I were twenty-one?” -- “I think I'd fall madly in love with you.” - One of the main songs heard in this movie regained popularity after it was later used in Coyote Ugly.

Quote #4:
“He's the blouseman. You're screwing the blouseman. Jesus, Pearl, why not screw the dressman? At least then you'd get a whole outfit.” -- A Walk On The Moon (said by Marty Kantrowitz, to his wife, Pearl); guessed by Tammy, a new visitor!

Quote #5:
“Brilliant, isn't he? Completely demented, of course. Terrifying to be in the same room with him. But he's really been there, you know? He's looked evil in the eye!” --- “There's a reason those curses are unforgivable.” -- Harry Potter & The Goblet of Fire (said by Ron Weasley & Hermione Granger); guessed by DebR

Quote #6:
“Yeah, but you know what? This one, this one right here. This was my dream, my wish. And it didn't come true. So I'm taking it back. I'm taking them all back.” --- “You know, I just want to say thank you. You really saved my life out there.” -- “What? Wow! Thank you it's a real moment. You know your voice is kind of nice when your mouth isn't screwing it up.” -- “Yeah and you look kind of pretty. When your face isn't screwing it up.” -- The Goonies (said by Mouth; 2nd quote: Mouth and Stef); guessed by BabySis.

Quote #7:
“There *is* a leopard on your roof and it's my leopard and I have to get it and to get it I have to sing.” --- “Now don't lose your head, Susan.” -- “My what?” -- “Don't lose your head!” -- “I've got my head, I've lost my leopard!” - Released in 1938 and the soundtrack included the song: I Can't Give You Anything But Love, Baby -- Bringing Up Baby (said by Susan Vance (Katherine Hepburn) & David Huxley (Cary Grant)); guessed by DebR

Quote #8:
“So, what's your story? I mean, you got a guy, or...?” “Yes, three big ones, and they lust wimp blood so quit bugging me or I'll sic them all over your weenie ass.” --- “This is Farmer Fred.” -- “Ted.” -- “Oh, I'm sorry, Farmer Ted.” -- “I'm not really a farmer. I'm a freshman.” -- Sixteen Candles (said by The Geek & Samantha); guessed by a new visitor to the blog, JC.

Quote #9:
“Don't you ever talk about my friends. You don't know any of my friends. You don't look at any of my friends. And you certainly wouldn't condescend to speak to any of my friends. So you just stick to the things you know: shopping, nail polish, your father's BMW, and your poor, rich drunk mother in the Caribbean.” -- The Breakfast Club (said by John Bender to Claire Standish); guessed by DebR

Quote #10:
“Man, it's the same bullshit they tried to pull in my day. If it ain't that piece of paper, there's some other choice they're gonna try and make for you. You gotta do what Randall Pink Floyd wants to do man. Let me tell you this, the older you do get the more rules they're gonna try to get you to follow. You just gotta keep livin' man, L-I-V-I-N.” -- Dazed & Confused (said by Wooderson to Randall Pink Floyd -- *Fun Fact - this line is what started Matthew McConaughey's "Just Keep Livin'" motto); guessed by Bubbles

Quote #11:
“You'll be one of those grumpy old men sitting in the corner of a crowded cafe, mumbling to yourself, "My ass is twitching. You people make my ass twitch."” -- French Kiss (said by Kate to Luc); guessed by Laume

Quote #12:
“Now it's my turn. I'm thinking of something dark and mysterious. It's a fish we don't know. If we ask it directions, it could ingest us and spit out our bones.” “What is it with men and asking for directions?” “I don't want to play the gender card right now. You want to play a card, let's play the "let's not die" card.” --- “I can't afford any more delays and you're one of those fish that causes delays. Sometimes it's a good thing. There's a whole group of fish . They're delay fish.” -- “You mean... You mean you don't like me?” -- “No, of course I like you. It's because I like you I don't want to be with you. It's a complicated emotion.” -- Finding Nemo (said by Marlin to Dory; 2nd quote also Marlin & Dory); guessed by BabySis.

Quote #13:
“People break down into two groups when the experience something lucky. Group number one sees it as more than luck, more than coincidence. They see it as a sign, evidence, that there is someone up there, watching out for them. Group number two sees it as just pure luck. Just a happy turn of chance. I'm sure the people in Group number two are looking at those fourteen lights in a very suspicious way. For them, the situation isn't fifty-fifty. Could be bad, could be good. But deep down, they feel that whatever happens, they're on their own. And that fills them with fear. Yeah, there are those people. But there's a whole lot of people in the Group number one. When they see those fourteen lights, they're looking at a miracle. And deep down, they feel that whatever's going to happen, there will be someone there to help them. And that fills them with hope. See what you have to ask yourself is what kind of person are you? Are you the kind that sees signs, sees miracles? Or do you believe that people just get lucky? Or, look at the question this way: Is it possible that there are no coincidences?” --- “Come on, now, you're too old to be doing this. You get a glass of water, and leave it lying around instead of finishing it. Now what's wrong with this one?” -- Signs (said by Graham Hess, to his brother Merrill; 2nd quote said by Graham Hess to his daughter, Bo); guessed by BabySis.

Quote #14:
“Do you know what my daughter's nurse told her today? "In a girl's voice lies temptation - a known fact. Eloquence in a woman means promiscuity. Promiscuity of the mind leads to promiscuity of the body." She doesn't believe it yet, but she will. She'll grow up just like her mother. Marry, raise children and honor her family. Spend her youth in needlepoint and rue the day she was born a girl. And when she dies, she'll wonder why she obeyed all the rules of God and Country for no biblical hell could ever be worse than a state of perpetual inconsequence.” --- “It must be interesting to be in a room full of men, most of whom you've seen with their pants down.” -- “Puts it all in some kind of perspective.” -- Dangerous Beauty (1st quote said by Beatrice Venier to Veronica Franco; 2nd quote said by Maffio Venier & Veronica Franco); guessed by Tammy.

Quote #15:
“Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies.” -- Gone With The Wind (said by Prissy to Scarlett); guessed by DebR

Now, go! Figure out those movies!
Labels: | edit post
19 Responses
  1. Deb R Says:

    I think #9 is from The Breakfast Club and I know #15 is from Gone With The Wind, but most of the others don't even sound familiar to me!!!


  2. Dragonfly Says:

    Good guesses! I can't believe I managed to stump you with the rest. Can't wait to see if more folks decide to chime in.

    Ok, y'all... 2 down, 13 to go!


  3. Anonymous Says:

    1. Almost Famous.
    2. Practical Magic.
    10. Dazed and Confused.


  4. Dragonfly Says:

    Great guesses!

    5 down... 10 to go!!


  5. Tammy Says:

    I know #4! It's A Walk on the Moon!

    (I found my way here from Deb at RedShoe! :) )


  6. Dragonfly Says:

    Way to go, Tammy! That's one of my all-time favs, and not just because of Viggo. Thanks so much for coming over! :)

    6 down... 9 to go!


  7. Laume Says:

    I knew #2 - Practical Magic
    and #15 - Gone with the Wind
    but unfortunately others beat me to those.
    #5 - ooooh, I can hear the line in my head the way the character says it, but just can't grab it.
    #11 - French Kiss - one of my all time favorite movies!


  8. Janet Says:

    #5 sounds wicked familiar...english...hmmm...


  9. Dragonfly Says:

    Laume - Right you are!

    Wow, #5 is the one I figured most people would guess rather quickly. Janet, you're right about the english part.

    7 down... 8 to go! Don't make me post clues, now. LOL


  10. JC Says:

    Hey, I found this post via Deb. #8 is Sixteen Candles! And...that's the only one I know.


  11. Dragonfly Says:

    Hey, JC! Thanks for stopping by and guessing a movie. You got it right, of course. :)

    8 down... 7 more to go. I really thought I made these easy. LOL


  12. Tammy Says:

    Thanks for guessing my movies too! I just re-read, and I realized that I think I know #14 - Is it from Dangerous Beauty? It's been a while since I saw it, but sounds familiar!


  13. Anonymous Says:

    Heheh..
    Quote #6
    The Goonies.. I forget who it is..

    Quote #12
    Finding Nemo.. with clown fish Dad of Nemo and blue fish.. names?? can't think right now.

    Quote #13
    Signs

    Quote #14
    Dangerous Beauty

    Too easy there Big Sis..

    :)


  14. Anonymous Says:

    Quote #3
    I am guessing it is..
    The Sisterhood of the Traveling pants??


  15. Anonymous Says:

    Quote 5: One of the Harry Potters, Prisoner of Azkaban?


  16. Dragonfly Says:

    Tammy - You nailed it!

    BabySis - You watch WAY too many movies at my house. LOL You got everything except for #3 (it's not Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants) and Tammy guessed Dangerous Beauty before you did.

    Katkin - So Close!! HP is correct but not the episode.


  17. Deb R Says:

    #5 - HP and the Goblet of Fire
    #7 - Bringing Up Baby

    And I'm completely embarrassed that I didn't get either of those without the second quote being added!!!!!


  18. Anonymous Says:

    Darn! You beat me to it Deb R!


  19. Dragonfly Says:

    Deb - Awesome job! I totally KNEW you would eventually get #7. Gosh, I love that movie; it makes me LMAO.

    Well, there's only one left and I just can't think of any more clues to give on it without giving away the movie itself. Oooh, wait... no, that'd give it away too. I'll give y'all a couple more days and then I'm tellin'. :)