Dragonfly
Okay, I totally failed to put up a new post during lunch today (which consisted of a lovely peanut butter & jelly sandwich... oh, my pampered taste buds). BUT. I'm currently having to re-boot my laptop for work so I'm going to rush, rush, rush here and get it up now. Because, otherwise? Beeswax isn't going to let me live. :: grin ::

So, here they are, as mentioned in her comments to me:

6 Most Precious Things in My Life

1. My husband and spawnlings. Evil as they may be sometimes, forgetful, destructive, loud, smelly, and on occasion, working my last nerve like Jimmi Hendrix's guitar during a solo.... I love them and wouldn't trade them for anything or anyone. There's so much more I could say here but I'm low on time so, bottom line: No matter how trying it can sometimes be living in a house with three boys, after it's all said and done - I Am Spoiled Rotten!

2. My family. I used to think that everyone had families like mine but once I left home... I quickly realized that the look on people's faces after hearing about my family (or actually Experiencing them!) was, in actuality, SHOCK. And sometimes blind jealousy. My family is awesome. We're boisterously loud, up in each others' business all the time, sometimes temperamental, but really... it's all pure love. No matter what happens in my life, I have 30+ cheerleaders on my side. Always. I've always said my family is so closely knit, you can't see the stitches. It's true, and it just doesn't get any better than that.

3. My two best friends: Wahoo and CBoy. I've known Wahoo since 2nd grade and I imagine I'll be complaining about all my aches and pains with her when we're 80+ and still hanging out. She's my number one #1. If there's a dead body involved, she won't just help me move it... she probably had a part in getting it dead to begin with. We're thick as thieves and a dangerous combination to come up against sometimes. CBoy - He's relatively new in that we've only been friends for about 13 years now. If I need some cheering up or just want to take a little snarkiness out on someone, he's my guy. He's also the only man - besides Mr. Clean - who can honestly "deal" with me... though I can still sometimes throw him for a loop. We're poker buds, cooking companions, and routinely stay up until the wee hours talking about the oddest things. I wouldn't trade either of them for all the money in the world.

4. My Convoluted Brain. If it weren't for the craziness that goes on upstairs, I wouldn't be me. I can't imagine not being ME. I do wish it'd shut down before 3am sometimes... and I do wish it would quit interrupting me while I'm trying to work... but overall, I need it just as it is.

5. This one is a little harder to wrap up in a few words. I find it quite precious to have the innate ability to sit astride the fence of bias, one leg over each side, and never waver or fall into one pasture or another. No matter what's going on -- even when it's my crap involved -- I always manage to see both sides of a situation and treat them equally. This comes in handy when you have to tell your best friend that while you do sympathize with her current marital issues... you think she's probably the cause of at least 50% of them. It also comes in handy when you have to act as a liasion between employees and employers at work on sensitive issues. Mr. Clean always said I should have gone into the field of psychology... Meh. I like writing. Of course, I still end up being that person, the one who everyone brings their problems to. Sometimes it's a little trying (and stressful because I'm also wayyyy to empathic for my own good) but, in the end, rather rewarding to know I can help anyone in need.

And lastly, I'm going to veer off into the uncharted grounds of materialism. I am, after all, a Taurus and we are known to be stubborn, materialistic snots now and then.

6. My Bed. I know, it's crazy but really? OMG, I love my bed. It's this giant four-poster dark wood/iron contraption with a feather mattress on top of the regular pillow-top mattress, soft expensive sheets that feel like they're 100 years old, and a down comforter on top. I probably spend the most impulse money on my bed... because I like to sleep. And I like to sleep WELL, feeling like I am in heaven itself. Truly? If I could spend all day in bed... I probably would. (unless ordered to. Then, I'd probably rebel and want to have nothing to do with my bed... while secretly wishing I hadn't rebelled quite so impulsively. I know... NUTS!)

So there are my six things. Probably not the best worded post ever but I got it done in just under 20 minutes -- a new record for me. FYI... I'm not editing. No time! So excuse any grammatical yee-haws you might find. :)
4 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    I don't personally know #s 1, 2 or 3 and so can't comment, but I can say that #4 is a wonderful thing! Your convoluted brain brings a brightness to my day. Thanks!


  2. Wow, well thats a post .......emh just want to say you are one amazing woman with all that talent and brain activity, not enough of your type about this world, could do with some more, then again who the heck wants to be like her next door or her across the road...so maybe best it saved for the very few who can take the job on and deal with it , very well may I add too, you rose to the challenge Dragonfly, what a lady, thanks for all that , nice to read about your world,good place to be in by the sounds of your family, I'm a bit gob smacked now!!!!!!!!! so will sign off, and hope to hear from you soon, I promise no more taggs...kindest regards, Kath from Scotland...


  3. Dragonfly Says:

    awww, No, I love the tags! Keep them coming. :)

    And thanks again, Kath. I'm glad you're enjoying the blog!


  4. Dragonfly Says:

    Katkin - Thanks so much for saying that... and I'm going to show Mr. Clean now because he was suggesting a lobotomy the other night while I was ranting on about something or other (I don't even remember what -- and that should tell you how often I like to go on tangents about screwbally stuff).