Dragonfly
I haven't done one of these in a while. I also owe a Wordplay but those take me a bit to write so I opted for the Friday Feast. Maybe I'll get a wordplay in this weekend. Maybe.

You'll also notice a lack of word count or iPod song. That's because I have none to report for the week and I'm not currently listening to the iPod. It's been one of those weeks. I have to start writing something again soon. And writing recipes for my upcoming cupcake-a-rama don't count. At the least, I need to journal. In the meantime...

Appetizer
What is your favorite herb or spice?
This is a difficult one as I use many of them, often. I am never without the usual suspects: salt, pepper, and garlic. But when I read the question the two that came to mind immediately were vanilla and cinnamon. I am a huge fan of both and use them at least twice weekly for my homemade hot cocoa. Nutmeg runs a very close third. I think my tastebuds are already having fantasies about the upcoming holidays.

Soup
Name a song you like but haven't heard in a long time.
Another hard question because I listen to music daily so I get all of my favorites, all of the time. I completely wore out Pink Floyd the other day at work and I think if I play James Blunt, Nickelback, Incubus, or Damien Rice in the truck one more time, Mr. Clean is going to toss my CDs out the window. That being said... I haven't heard Desperado or Hotel California from the Eagles in a long while and I really like both of them. Ohhh, haven't heard The Sky is Burning by Bad Company in a while either. As you can see, I'm in a Classic funk.

Salad
If you were to take just one minute to write down as many things as you can think of that you need (not want) to do, approximately how many things would there be?
Umm, gee... is this a list of what I need to do for tomorrow, next week, this year? If I just made a list for tomorrow and the weekend... and included work... I'd have at least 20 items. The majority would be work related. Oh, craptastic! Speaking of... I just remembered that I FORGOT to get snack items for Doodlebug's class tomorrow!! This after writing myself a sticky note AND putting it on our wipe-off board. Guess that puts me one step closer to the Mother of the Year award, eh?

Main Course
Tell something interesting about one of your family members (nothing scandalous, please, just something unique).
Something interesting but not scandalous? Well that sort of discounts anything I might have had. Geez, talk about tying my hands behind my back. Plus, you know I have like a kajillion family members, right? And they're all interesting. OK. Here's one: When you sit in one (most) of the new football stadiums around the U.S. and look up at the really cool retractable roofs, and marvel at all the pretty beams and rafters up there... and then check out all the concrete beneath and around you? You're looking at my Daddy's structural handiwork. He totally rocks!

Dessert
What's the latest you've ever stayed awake?
Over the years I have had many all-nighters where I simply didn't go to sleep. In the last ten years or so, though, the latest I've stayed awake was probably around five or six in the morning.

Have a great weekend, y'all!
9 Responses
  1. Anonymous Says:

    Yup, cinnamon in hot chocolate is always wonderful!


  2. Caylynn Says:

    All of those spices sounds delicious. :)

    As an engineer, I think that's so cool about your dad. :)

    Happy Friday. :)


  3. Anonymous Says:

    A very interesting feast you posted, 20 items? Wow and I thought I was busy.


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Craptastic? what a great word


  5. Anonymous Says:

    Great feast, especially the Main course.

    I'm up.


  6. Dragonfly Says:

    Thanks y'all. :)

    Caylynn - we think it's pretty cool too, and have a hard time going places without pointing them out: "He did that, and that... and that one over there too!"

    Danella - I'm a to-do list freak. It's the only way I can get through the day in one piece, as I am also the scatterbrain queen. My TD lists look like outlines, even. It's sad. Lots of little things!

    Amy - it's my third favorite word, the 2nd being fruitbat, which is of course "code" for my first fav word... the f-bomb.


  7. Wystful1 Says:

    Absolutely awesome main course --I'm a sports fan from way=y=y=y back. Great feast.
    Mine's served

    Happy Friday


  8. Anonymous Says:

    I think your main course is fab! Enjoyed your feast!

    Mine's up!


  9. graymama Says:

    Desperado is now in my head.

    Great meal!