Dragonfly
So it's Day 11 here... and I AM writing. Perhaps not as much as I'd like to but something is a helluva lot better than nothing. I should be right around 18k words.

::hysterical laughter::

I currently have 6,531 words.

Some people, at this point, would hang it up and say, "Awww heck with this!" Me? Any words are a success for me, after having looked at my blocked scenes for a couple of months with no action. I'm having a ball. My editing bunny remains safely and securely locked up in the basement of my mind. And that's a good thing because I've noticed, this year.... my spelling STINKS. I think it's a good sign, though -- that I'm writing instead of brooding.

I have had a couple of questionable moments with my MC. I'd had her pegged as being quite a bit more meek than she's been acting. And though I'm not distressed (yet) by her personality quick-change... I am wondering what it will mean once we get further into the story. It will, at some point, start affecting her character arc. Another something I'll worry about later. I can always change dialogue and body language bits during revisions, to be a little less *in your face*.

Now, if I could just stop stop stop being so easily led away from my manuscript!!! Yesterday, I stated (loudly): "I will be writing today! It will be a write-a-thon and no one will bother me. There will be no poinking, no "Mommmmmmm" calling, and absolutely no questions asked, which can be answered by someone else."

And then I talked to my best guy friend and said, "Sure! Poker sounds great!! And then we'll stay up all night and talk."

So I did write. For a little while. But then I lost my hind parts at the poker table, drank Cappuccino vodkas, and boisterously chit-chatted until 1am. In my world, this is really no big deal because 1am? Prime writing time.

Enter Shaggy the Teen Spawnling.... holding my most favorite, favorite, favorite movie in the entire world and a puppy-dog look on his face. "Will you watch this movie with me? Please?"

He said 'please'. How can a mother say 'No' to that??????? And it was my favorite-ist movie.

We stayed up until 3:45am watching Almost Famous.

Now, I'm trying to get back into the groove while listening to banging and hammering while Mr. Clean installs a new front door -- long story that I will get to at some point (when it doesn't bother me as much to talk about). Happy writing to anyone else out there doing NaNoWriMo!

p.s. I am seriously trying to get her more often and I know I've been stinky about all the comments received. I really really really appreciate them!!! I ~heart~ you guys.
Labels: | edit post
3 Responses
  1. Jane Says:

    Hi there,

    I came across your blog whilst browsing mutual interests and saw we shared some - writing, books, coffee shops as well as Scotland, which is where I live. Without wishing to distract you from your main objective of the day (which is to write, right?) - why is Scotland an interest of yours? (in less than 100 words please ;-)


  2. Anonymous Says:

    Can't wait to hear about the front door. But for now.....Write! Write! (cracks whip)


  3. loved the Front Door, just came across your blogg randomly searching for inspiration for mine, uummhhh, anyway found it hilarious, sorry but can you write or wht, just pictured myself at your Front Door, or rather you at your Front Door, just so good . now I can get off and hopefully pass on your blogg to some of my Scottish bloggers , who incidently are just as good as you at writing the odd word or two, not me though, I am just an observer of words,and not enough more to the point, I am an artist, so to speak, I don't get paid or anything so wonderfuly fulfilling like that, but just a paint ehn I can , and hope for the best type, good luck in your word marathon, all the best from scotland, x
    P.S.remember to lock the front door tonight...for gawd sake.