Dragonfly
My 1st year blog-a-versary is almost here; a little exciting. A whole year of me nattering on about anything and everything (and sometimes nothing) and no sign of burning out yet; though I think I might change some things in the coming year. I haven't yet found my niche but I have optimism. Congrats to you if you’re still returning to read me. And an enormous Thank You. Now, all of you who don’t leave comments… Come on. Seriously. Be brave; quit lurking and leave me a line! *grin*

I thought about resolutions this year and I may have been seen or heard making a few, sort of. I may have written some on the family wipe-off board (to be erased at my earliest convenience). And I may have already erased a couple. I’m not big on resolutions. The intentions are great but I don’t have a whole lot of follow-through on things like that. I’d rather just raise my chin, plant a smile on my face, and dive headlong into the coming year, day by day. Carpe diem and all that.

So, for my first post of the year, I thought I’d revisit 2006 and some of the Bests:
Disclaimer: I’m indecisive so many of these will have more than one. Can’t help it.

Best Day: Every day spent with family, that did not include a Spawnling McBickerfest. Though few and far between, the sun always seems to shine brighter and the world a better place when everyone is smiling, laughing, and enjoying each other’s company.


Best Month: toss up – June, August, November, and December. June - family vacation to Kentucky; August – 16th Anniversary and Annual 4th of July (late) Family Get-Together; November – Thanksgiving in Georgia; December – It’s cold (sometimes), it’s Christmas; what’s not to like?

Best Moment: When Mr. Clean walked through the front door after getting home from his trip to India.

Best Comment Heard: In response to my asking Shaggy, “What, do you think I have an ATM squirreled up my butt and can fart out cash whenever I want?” he said, “Eat more beans, Mom. Eat lots more beans.”

Best Blog Read: Faster Than Kudzu – she makes me laugh and laugh and laugh. Tied for 2nd is Red Shoe Ramblings and Confessions of a Pioneer Woman.

Best YouTube Vids Watched: BUFUMUFU! I just don't ever get tired of them.

Best New Experience: Met Deb R. from Red Shoe Ramblings while in Kentucky. My first online meet-up, ever. She Rocks! And she’s pretty. And I puffy hot-pink heart her. (except when she answers MeMe’s with all MY answers, making it doubly difficult to have unique ones)

Best Lesson Learned: “Try, try again” does not equal “Failure,” it equals “Learning Experience.”

Best Book: Requiem for the Devil – Jeri Smith-Ready; Between, Georgia – Joshilyn Jackson

Best Movie: I have to preface this one with a bit of a disclaimer. I have a G to PG-rated spawnling and then one who is PG-13, with the occasional R (after first being viewed by me and/or Mr. Clean). Mr. Clean and I hardly EVER get to go see movies alone. Therefore, all the great adult movies out there are on my Netflix list and I’m sure I’ll get to see them soon but in the meantime it leaves my pool of movies to choose from less than Olympic-sized. Think kiddie pool; the plastic kind. That being said, Pirates of the Caribbean – Dead Man’s Chest really rocked, as did Over The Hedge.

Best TV Show: Hah… no way could I choose just one. I did narrow it down to five, though: Weeds, Dexter, Gray’s Anatomy, Lost, and Jericho.

Best Song: Goodbye, My Lover – James Blunt; Lips of An Angel - Hinder

Best CD: Back To Bedlam – James Blunt (I’ve completely worn it out)

Best Cupcakes Baked: Hands down… Pumpkin cupcakes with Egg Nog cream filling and Bourbon-Caramel Cream Cheese Icing. 2nd place – Vanilla Chai Spice cupcakes.

Best Sentence(s) Written (really, more my favorite than best as the best is always yet to come): "My mother figures she’s my built in gut instinct, like Jiminy Cricket was Pinocchio’s conscience, except much more eccentric and not really moved toward musical numbers. Thank goodness; she can’t hold a tune. Just last week she emailed to inform me the tarot cards had told her chaos was on my horizon and 2007 would see my life being tossed about like a garden shed in a tornado. Told. Her. Which left me to wonder… Just what do tarot card voices sound like?"

Well there it is. A year more or less wrapped up. *laughing* I wish. But I'm short on time and big on a memory playing hide and seek just now so it'll do.

I hope everyone had a wonderful New Year. We spent ours with Wahoo & her Hot Hubby, spicy chili, a bonfire, beer, Coconut-Rum & Lime cupcakes, adult males with artillery shell fireworks, and spawnlings on kid crack. A high time was had by all and mine drifted off into sugar-comas less than a mile down the road on the way home. There is no better way to start the year than with spawnling kisses followed by snores.

1 Response
  1. Deb R Says:

    New meme on my blog today and I bet there are at least a couple of questions on there you would (will?) answer totally differently than I did! ;-)

    Fun list and I'm happy to be on it! :::beam:::