Dragonfly
I'm a few pages into writing... too many hours into working... and absolutely have not started packing for tomorrow. BUT. DebR over at Red Shoe Ramblings had this meme and she knows how much of a list junky I am (so I can babble on about nothing in particular), so she mentioned it. It helped to while away a little time while I uploaded files to work today. Woot!

It's a long one... and I didn't have time for cute little pics like Deb had (darn it).

RED
1. Closest red thing to you?
I guess that’d be my hair. There’s not a lot of red in my house. Maybe a few book bindings…
2. Has anyone ever cheated on you in a relationship? Umm, yeah. But then it also wasn’t a big surprise. I knew who I was getting involved with beforehand and chose to throw caution to the wind. It was a life experience. Can’t say I regret it.
3. Last thing to make you angry? My oldest spawnling, who is really pushing my buttons here lately. I understand the hormones and all but that doesn’t mean I have to like them!
4. Are you a fan of romance? Depends on what kind. I’m not a big fan of the blushing pink sappy kind but give me a little hot, sexy romance and we’re all good.
5. Have you ever been in love? Yes, I have before and I am currently.
6. Do you have a temper? Oh, yes. I was blessed with a real humdinger of a temper, unfortunately for some who put up with me. I’ve become very good at keeping it under a tight rein but once I truly lose it? HIDE. Under furniture proves to be fairly safe. I haven’t really lost it in quite a while but Mr. Clean is a witness to short, explosive outbursts (usually fueled by frustration) from time to time. He handles them well. He thinks my temper is funny? Yeah. I don’t get the humor there either.

GREEN
1. Closest green thing to you? A whole mess of sticky notes on my cabinet and quite a few shirts in my closet.
2. Do you care about the environment? Yes, of course! Though I probably don’t take as much action about it as I could.
3. Are you jealous of anyone right now? I tend to not get jealous. I don’t see the point in it, unless you want to make yourself miserable?
4. Are you a lucky person? I think so, yes. My lottery ticket states otherwise, however.
5. Do you always want what you can’t have? No. Most of what I want is right within my grasp should I wish to try hard enough to get it.
6. Are you Irish? I have a smidgeon of Irish ancestors.

PURPLE
1. Closest purple thing to you? Hmm, sticky notes again. I can’t even begin to describe the rainbow of color plastered to my office cabinet doors. I live by the sticky note. It’s like a circus of little papers. Silly segue – I always consider it somewhat fortuitous when one decides to stop sticking and drops into my lap. There is one stating, “Heaven falls. Details at 11. – Robert Jordan,” which has fallen three times in the past week. My current plot involves a deal with the devil. Heh.
2. Like being treated to expensive things? You know, it just doesn’t matter. I can’t do anything with diamonds. They’re pretty but… Meh. Whatever. Expensive dinners mean I have to dress up and I’m not a dressy-dressy kind of girl. I do like trips! But they don’t necessarily have to be expensive. I’m a mid-range girl when it comes to monetary things. That being said… I have me some wildly expensive tastes where furnishings are concerned. It kills me.
3. Do you like mysterious things? I like mystery. I like things shrouded in mystery… puzzles waiting to be solved and the like. The mystery of the universe. The mystery of the human psyche. I do Not like people who want to be in my life but are overtly mysterious on purpose. It bugs the snot out of me. If I have to spend an incalculable amount of time trying to solve the mystery of someone who calls him/herself friend, it’s not worth it and nails my Trust buttons (and not in a good way).
4. Favorite type of chocolate? Dark, dark, dark. But sometimes, milk! And I’m a pushover for brownies – the hot, chewy, and slightly gooey kind. Oh Lord, do I love brownies.
5. Ever met any royalty? Nah. Who cares? They poop just like the rest of us.
6. Are you creative? Yes, I like to think so. Sometimes I think I lose myself in it, though, and need to come back down to earth for a while. I tend to get carried away.
7. Are you lonely? Everyone is lonely at some point or another. I’d find it strange if one said, “Never” to this question.

BLUE
1. Closest blue thing to you? The crocheted Van Gogh-ish blanket I have on my lap because I’m freezing my ass off at the moment (yet do not wish to turn up the heat in the house).
2. Are you good at calming people down? Yes, actually quite good at it. On the flip side, I’m just as good at inciting riots from a speck of next-to-nothing. I try not to do so.
3. Do you like the ocean? I love it! I crave it. I can spend hours sitting next to any moving body of water and do absolutely nothing… just sitting and being. And then it’s all good, no matter what “it” is.
4. What was the last thing that made you cry? Hmm, well I can sort of cry at the drop of a hat. It’s the drama gene, I think. But the last thing that really, truly made me cry-cry, like big giant crocodile tears and runny-nose sobbing? I can’t remember. Heh. Extreme Home Makeover wrought some tears the other night, though. It does it to me every Sunday.
5. Are you a logical thinker? Interestingly enough, extremely so! It sort of freaks me out as I always considered myself more speculative than logical but test after test proves that I’m a very logical thinker. Go figure. That being said, I speculate A LOT (and then use logic to tear all the speculations apart).
6. Can you sleep easily? Trick question! I find it VERY difficult to get to sleep. Most nights I’m up until the wee hours wishing and praying for sleepiness. But. Once I get there, I sleep like the dead. Seriously. Dead. As in you can shoot a gun off near my head and I will not wake up. I have been known to sleep through ice water being sprinkled on me. (I dreamt it was raining in winter.) I can also sleep practically anywhere. That includes on occasional early morning nap standing up in the shower.
7. Do you prefer the beach or the woods? Depends on the woods. I love old growth forests where the canopies block out most of the light and the floor is old leaf matter and pine needles – where all sound seems to be muffled just slightly. Otherwise, I definitely prefer the beach… and more so during the winter.

YELLOW
1. Closest yellow thing to you?
A sticky note telling Mr. Clean how much I spent yesterday on iTunes. And then my crocheted Van Gogh-ish blanket (think Starry Night).
2. The happiest time(s) of your life? Every day. I’m usually just happy to be on the planet. The most memorable happy times? The births of my spawlings, our trip to Scotland, and every family reunion-type holiday I can remember.
3. Favorite holiday? Any spent with my entire family. Thanksgiving tops the list, though.
4. Are you a coward? I don’t think so. I believe I tend to face most things head on and with a certain modicum of bravery. I don’t shrink away from distasteful tasks and I tend to instinctively fight back before I think to run or hide. This is probably to my own detriment, however.
5. Do you burn or tan? These days, I burn. I used to be able to get a tan (after much slaving and working for it) when I was a teenager. It’s too much trouble to bother now and I freckle before I even get close to something I could pass off as “tan”.
6. Do you want children? Damn, I hope so… since I have two of them. Do I want more? Ehh, there are days where I could go for another couple. But then I look at my schedule and wonder where the heck I could fit another one. Not going to happen. I’m intent on enjoying the ones I have, handfuls that they are.
7. What makes you happy? Just about anything and everything? Laughter. Lots and lots of laughter. I would die without a house full of laughter every day.

PINK
1. Closest pink thing to you? If I say sticky notes again, are you going to shoot me? Mmm, okay then, I won’t say it. I have a Faerie Barbie sitting on my desk, to remind me to “Believe” in those things adults easily dismiss. Her wings are pinkish/purple.
2. Do you like sweet things? Not all the time. I like the occasional sweet thing. I’m much more of a savory person, than sweet. Probably why I like the darkest of dark chocolates better.
3. Like play-fighting? I do! Except I always get hurt because I’m 5’1”-ish and the people I end up play-fighting with are 6’2” and 6’6”… and they are ROUGH. So I get ROUGH too… and then incite a riot wherein I end up injured somehow.
4. Are you sensitive? *hysterical laughter* Oh, dear. Yes. Too much so. Not only do I tend to take everything personally… but I’m also very empathic so I take everyone else’s feelings on too. I try SO hard not to be as sensitive as I am. It doesn’t work. I sometimes consider it a curse because, on occasion, I find I make decisions only after analyzing how everyone ELSE will feel about them. Also? I tend to joke in a way that is definitely dishing it but not being able to take it. That proves to be a pain in my hind parts too often.
5. Do you like punk music? Meh. Not really as a rule. But, I love the Violent Femmes and The Clash. I also love the sub-genres that developed from it: The Police, The Cars, Blondie… and then the bands formed from the evolution of Punk: Nirvana, Green Day, Simple Plan, Good Charlotte, Jet, etc.
6. What is your favorite flower? I don’t know. Anything that is heady and sweet in aroma but which has a certain mystery to it… a scent you can’t quite put your finger on or describe with mere words. Go find that at the florist.
7. Does someone have a crush on you? Yes, but not in a sense that they truly feel anything will ever come of it.

ORANGE
1. Closest orange thing to you? I do not have orange sticky notes! I do have a handmade journal from India right here, though. I keep random bits of poetry in it.
2. Do you like to burn things? Hehehe… yeah. I’m a right little pyromaniac if I’m to be honest. I love burning things – but things that should be burned, not things that have no business being near a fire. I’m very drawn to fire and still (as an adult) find myself tempted to reach in and try to touch it. Crazy.
3. Dress up for Halloween? I didn’t this year and could kick myself for not having done so! I can never decide on what I want to be.
4. Are you usually a warm-hearted person? Absolutely. In fact, too much so at times. That’s where my cynical optimism comes into play. Basically, I believe everyone is good or wants to be good and I tend to give people chance upon chance to show it but I don’t hold out any expectations that they’ll prove me right and usually figure they’ll take those chances without consideration. I love either not at all or with everything I have. There is no in-between for me.
5. Do you prefer the single life or the security of a relationship? Security. Deep down, past all my flighty tendencies, I crave stability. I’m also the best person I can be when there’s someone I can trust 100% right next to me.
6. What would your super power be? Hard question! Okay, actually not so much. I would have the power to telekinetically taser people in the ass when they are being stupid. Seriously.

WHITE
1. Closest white thing to you?
Paper, paper, everywhere. Bills, envelopes, scratch paper, note pads, etc.
2. Would you say you’re innocent? I would say, “No,” but those who seem to know me best insist I retain an air of giddy innocence that boggles the mind (in light of my cynicism).
3. Always try to keep the peace? Heh, no. I’m fairly reactionary so ‘keeping the peace’ doesn’t always factor in. I also prefer to get things blatantly out in the open rather than hiding them behind the old ‘keep the peace’ banner. Is it any wonder that Mr. Clean’s yearly Christmas wish is for “Peace and Quiet”?
4. How do you imagine your wedding? I imagine it as having happened 16 years ago.
5. Do you like to play in the snow? I don’t know. I think I would LOVE to play in the snow. The closest I have come to it is a couple of inches of smudge-ice crystals we in Texas like to call snow with an air of wishful thinking.

6. Are you afraid of going to the doctor or dentist? I am a fearful dental patient. I’ll just leave it at that. Doctors? I not afraid of going; I just don’t LIKE going. I don’t see a need to go for most situations – unless I’m bleeding and it won’t stop or I’m convinced I am dying and need hard core drugs.

BLACK
1. Closest black thing to you? My shorts and the aforementioned Van Gogh-ish blanket.
2. Ever enjoy hurting people? I have been known to talk smack like I do but, in reality, I don’t… at all. Sometimes I have hurt people without meaning to, through the brutal honesty I tend to project, but it kills me when that happens. Really, tears me up.
3. Are you sophisticated or silly? I can be both but I tend to lean towards the silly side.
4. Do you have a lot of secrets? Yes.
5. What is your favorite color(s)? Green. Cerulean blue.
6. Does the color you wear affect your mood? Absolutely. If you ever see me in all black… RUN.


If you want to join in, leave me a link in the comments. I'd love to read your answers. On that note, I bid you all adieu, and you, and you, and you. Hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving (for those who celebrate). Enjoy your families!!
Labels: | edit post
2 Responses
  1. Deb R Says:

    Glad you decided to play because I loved reading your answers. (And I find it amusing for some reason - dunno why - that so many of our answers were so similar, but the ones that were different were way different!) :-)

    Hope you have a great weekend!


  2. Dragonfly Says:

    I know! I always notice that too. Also the reason I enjoy all the meme's you find, I think. :)