Dragonfly
Saturday marked the beginning of a week of total and utter madness. You remember where I volunteered to bake cupcakes for my week of Round Table meetings? Yeah. I'm thinking some therapy is in order so I can figure out why I do things like this. While I'm at it, I should probably try to find out how - when my feet are killing me and my back feels like it was stampeded on by a hundred horses - I actually had FUN doing it. Go figure. I'm too exhausted to think about it. (and yet here I am... blogging. Good Lord but I'm a glutton for punishment)

I devoted all of yesterday for baking and today for mixing up the icing and decorating the cupcakes. I started with a kitchen table full of ingredients and ended up with... a kitchen table full of ingredients and a whole mess of cupcakes:


One Hundred and Twenty cupcakes. Okay, 118... or maybe 117. I have two Spawnlings. The odds of me not losing at least a couple during the baking process were always (and always will be) NIL. It was everything I could do to keep them out of the kitchen. And, yes, I'll admit it. I had a bite or two of the ones they filched. YUM!!! The little changes I made to the recipe did wonders. I'm talking melt-in-your-mouth-eat-enough-to-make-you-sick goodness.

BUT... 117? That'll get me through Monday, Tuesday, and part of Wednesday. If I can keep people in my particular office space from snacking between meetings, that is. And let me just say... I find that Highly. Doubtful. I'll have to keep them under lock and key.

Getting down to the business of pictures (because I know y'all love pictures of yummy goodness that'll make your stomach growl)... I decided upon four kinds of cupcake...

Vanilla w/ Vanilla Buttercream:


Orange w/ Orange Buttercream:


Vanilla Chai Spice w/ Vanilla Chai Spice Buttercream:


and Cinnamon w/ Chocolate-Hazelnut Buttercream:


And here's everything packed up and ready to go for tomorrow:


I have to say, these Oneida Cupcake Carriers are awesome. I got them over at Cooking.com. They rock. I wish I'd bought one or two more of them. Now, I'm off to watch a little TV, take a shower, and then fall into a coma. I doubt I'll be around much this week but you never know. Someone might wig out during one of my meetings, giving me something interesting to blog about. Not likely but you never know with these things. Have a great week, y'all!
5 Responses
  1. Deb R Says:

    Ok, seriously, you NEED to figure out how to email cupcakes. It's so not fair to show those photos and then not let me have one...of each. Heh.


  2. Anonymous Says:

    What kinda friend posts such pictures, and omits her home address, so that we can stop by, to sample same ...
    Beautiful cupcakes, and beautiful photos.
    God bless, Christine in Los Angeles


  3. Dragonfly Says:

    Deb - next time I am in KY, we'll meet up again and I'll bring the cupcakes. Best I can do until they figure out how to email them. *grin*

    Christine - Thanks! By the end of the week, I just might be posting my home address while begging for y'all to come get these things out of my house. 2nd baking night tonight and it's not "fun" I'm feeling right now.


  4. Kelly Says:

    Oh My God.

    Chai spice? Chai Spice? My favourite.

    Can I have the recipe? Please!!!


  5. Dragonfly Says:

    Fairy - since you asked so nicely and you're so sweet about leaving comments -- most definitely. I'll email it to you as soon as I have two minutes to my name. :)