Dragonfly
The Quill Nominees are now up for voting at: The Quills - MSNBC.com Go Vote for your favorite books!

I was particularly thrilled to see one of my favorite authors, Diana Gabaldon, in the nominees for Science Fiction/Fantasy/Horror. Although, okay... ODD that they placed her in that category but then I've seen her book in just about every section through various bookstores. They cross all sorts of genre boundaries! And they're great reads. Big, FAT books. The only downside is that you have to wait a while for the next one - like two years or more. It can be disheartening but then you can always go back and re-read (which I have now done at least 5 times). Can you tell I love, love, LOVE these books with a hot pink passion?

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen is also up in the General Fiction category. And Ptolemy's Gate by Jonathan Stroud, in the Children's Chapter Book/Middle Grade category (though I swear adults have more fun with this series than any kid I know).

So, really... go vote!