Dragonfly
Appetizer
About how much money did you spend on gas this week?
I've worked from home this entire week so I can't be exact but it costs us around $80 to fill up our gas tank and we get at least 5-6 days out of it (big tank, diesel).

Soup
What is your favorite brand of toilet paper?
My favorite is anything which does not "lint" or tear when you use it. Angel Soft in the bathroom just now and usually what I buy. I'm sure I could come up with something humorous about why they call it Angel Soft but I'm low on time and high on go, go, go today... so I'll have to pass on humor.

Salad
When was the last time you discovered something that you thought was pure genius?
I know the answer to this... I do! But I can't remember it. There was something last week (or maybe the week before) and I KNOW I used almost those exact words upon seeing it.... but for the life of me, that's all I remember. It was probably on 'I Want That!' on HGTV. I watch that a lot these days.

Okay, here's another. When looking through home magazines for ideas concerning my kitchen island, I found a picture of one with a hole in the top of the butcher block, covered by a little wooden "pot lid" looking thing. I thought, Hmmm... that's interesting. And then I realized what it was there for. Pure geneius for me! I'm a MESS of a cook. After I've cut things, I drop half of it on the way to the trash can. Yes, I sometimes use a bowl for that type of trash but I still drop half of it, somehow, on the way to the trash can. I'm just a natural mess. So the little hole in the butcher block? Goes directly down to a trash can, making it pure genius for someone like me. Ours will have a cutout just like it and I've had the cabinet below custom designed to hold a trash can.

Yes, the only genius I can think of these days has to do with this home stuff. It's permeated my life like Mexican restaurant fajita stink does to hair.

Here's another: Glow in the dark tile grout! Too cool.

Main Course
What is the least amount of sleep you can get by on per night?
Okay, this is going to sound a little weird but then again we're talking about me here. I can deal with 4-5 hours of sleep and be okay, as long as there is a Venti double shot Mocha in my hand. If I've gone past the 5 hour mark, I cannot function until at least 7 hours have passed. I can't figure it out. I just CANNOT function on 6 hours of sleep. I can do 4, 5, and 7.... but 6 leaves me feeling like I've only had 30 minutes. I also can't function for quite a while if I go past 8 hours. I wake up feeling horrible.

Dessert
June is a popular month for weddings. Do you know anyone who is getting married this month?
Well, funny you should mention it. I am leaving in just a few hours to head down to the beach and watch Wahoo, my best friend of twenty-five years, get married to the most adorable, sweet man (now known as Mr. Wahoo). I am so damn thrilled for her!!! They are so cute together and she deserves this happiness more than anyone else I know.

And, with that, I'm outta here. I still have to shower, shave, and get spawn clean and presentable.
6 Responses
  1. Unknown Says:

    Really great feast...so thoughtful! Mine is up if you'd like to visit.


  2. Unknown Says:

    glad you use diesel! It's 1.20 liter here for gas..

    mine is up!


  3. ribbiticus Says:

    good feast - love your salad! mine's up too! ;)


  4. Anonymous Says:

    Great feast - love the idea of the hole in the island for dumping the trash as you cut and cook. Cool idea :) And I laughed out loud at your Main Course - the Venti double shot Mocha part, the only way to survive with less than enough sleep! :)

    Have a great day, and a wonderful weekend!


  5. A friend of mine has the hole in the island thingamabobber, and it's always a topic of conversation when she entertains. You're going to like it!


  6. Dragonfly Says:

    beckie, ex-pat, ribbiticus - thanks for the comments! If I haven't checked yours out yet, I will soon.

    stacy/amber - I can't wait for my holey island! Also, I think I should have added Starbucks as part of the salad. Definitely pure genius. Those guys are rolling in the dough.