Dragonfly
Appetizer
How old were you when you got your first credit card?

I want to say I was 19. It was just after I got married. Yes, I got married young. I was 18 and we’ll be celebrating our 16th anniversary this year.

Soup
When was the last time you felt out of place?

For me, the better question might be, “When was the last time I felt IN place?” I almost always feel out of place. I think it’s because I live so far up in my head most days. I’m most at home with people who have known me enough years to realize that even when it looks like no one is home, I’m all there and accounted for.

Salad
Did you have a curfew when you were a teenager? If so, what time did you have to be home?
Heh. Yes, I had a curfew and when I respected it, I arrived home at 11pm (midnight in my later two years of high school). I’d have to say I made it home by curfew maybe 65% of the time. I invented many wild stories about flat tires and car pool disasters (really, Mom, we couldn’t FIND the other girl and we couldn’t just LEAVE her!). I did have a rule that if I knew I’d be late, I should call. It’s sort of hard to call when you’re two hours away, your toes in the sand on the beach. It’s really hard to call when you’ve had so much to drink, you don’t remember your phone number. And it’s definitely hard to call when you’re busy making out. I wasn’t a good teenager. I’m convinced it was a primer for raising my own later. Shaggy will NEVER be able to come home by curfew and then sneak out five minutes later. You name it, I’ve already done it and am prepared for his attempts. I think the one good thing about the invention of cell phones is the ability to always be able to call… AND… there’s an alarm on most that can be set for curfew. I might have made it home more often had cell phones been a regularity then. I’d like to think so at least (but I’m probably kidding myself).

Main Course
Name a person from history with whom you feel you have something in common.
I hate to cop out on a question but I really can’t think of a single person in history with whom I have something in common. I even tried birth date but it’s all obscure stuff. I’m an original, apparently.
EDIT: Okay, fine. I'll admit it. I share a birthday with Saddam Hussein and Hitler married Eva Braun on that day as well. There. Don't judge me by my birthday. *grin*

Dessert
When you read a newspaper, which section do you go for first?

I don’t read newspapers very often (getting most of my news on the web) but when I do it’s usually just the front page.
2 Responses
  1. ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Says:

    Interesting answers! Yikes - the birthdays!

    My FF is up at my new blog:
    http://joyinthemorning.clubmom.com


  2. Tough question on the history thing huh. Couldn't think of one.
    Mine is up too.