Dragonfly
Appetizer
List 3 things you keep putting off.

Lately? Writing. Lord help me, I think about doing it. I have the means in my head to do it (the voices never shut up). But, then Lost comes on or one of the spawnlings needs help with homework, or I find an excuse not to. I didn’t put it off last night, though, and managed a few thousand words. I’m paying for the lack of sleep today but it was worth it for the sense of accomplishment.


Replying to Email. I am embarrassed to admit I have three emails in my Inbox which need replies. All are almost, if not a little more than, a year old. Luckily, they belong to people who take equally as long to reply to me. So.

Dusting. I hate dusting. ‘Nuff said.

Soup
What do you feel is your greatest responsibility?

My spawnlings. I helped make them and then popped them out into this world. It’s up to me and Mr. Clean to make sure they turn out as decent, upstanding individuals. The important things: treating people with respect, having a good work ethic, knowing how to handle money, being independent, being tolerant and empathetic.

Sometimes the responsibility of spawn is a little overwhelming. I got married very young and had my first just before I turned 20. Occasionally, I grapple with things I want to do as opposed to things I need to do – as a person – in order to be the responsible parent I have to be. It’s gotten a little easier as I’ve grown older but I think I’ll always be a 17 year old at heart. Course, that makes it awful difficult to have a teenager – I just don’t feel old enough. On the other hand, it makes it brilliantly easy. There’s not much he can get away with. I can say “been there, done that” to just about everything a teenager can think of doing.

I guess all that sneaking out and partying might have been worthwhile after all. Heh. Heh.

Salad
If you could have starred in any movie, which one would you have wanted to be in and why?

I read this question and thought, “Easy!” Then, I sat staring at the screen for an hour because I couldn’t think of any – or just one.

I could go the totally shallow naughty route and say A Walk on the Moon because then I’d get to seriously make out with Viggo (he’s so hot in this one). OR. I could say Lord of the Rings because of all the gorgeous film locations – Travel! (and, okay, a little more Viggo time there too)

Harry Potter (any of them), but only if I really get to have magical abilities.

One of my all-time favorite movies is Almost Famous. If the question is asked in the context of the film being reality… I’d choose that one. I love the idea of going on an extended road trip on a tour bus and then meeting up with all of the greatest bands of the era. The music! The throw caution to the wind attitude! I’m so there. Who wouldn’t want to party with Led Zeppelin or the Eagles?

If it’s being asked in the context of me being an actress and having to choose a worthwhile movie to star in… I think I might have to go back to A Walk on the Moon. I can empathize with the MC’s role. I know what it feels like to have questions of, “Where am I? How the heck did I get here? How did I become this person I don’t know? What the hell am I doing with my life?” That, and I’d get to make out with Viggo in the waterfalls. Heh.

Main Course
What is an expectation you had as a child about being an adult and, now that you are grown up, you realize you were wrong?

That things would be easier as an adult. I think every child goes through the ‘I wish I was an adult’ phase in order to escape from all the stresses of adolescence. And I think every child then grows up, finds out it’s not all its cracked up to be, and wishes they were a kid again. I thought I’d be an adult and then have the ability to do what I wanted, when I wanted. [hysterical laughter] Makes me glad I went so hog wild back then, when I had the chance.


Dessert
When was the last time you had your car serviced?

I don’t do that, Mr. Clean does. And the last time he had it serviced was a few weeks ago. He’s good with that sort of stuff.
0 Responses