Dragonfly
Days and days ago, I receive an award from one of the nicest, most talented bloggers I connected with a couple of years back - DebR. Yay me!! And thank you, Deb!! You rock!!


Of course, yes, it has taken me like a week to post about it here. See, I found out about it after I'd posted that big, long, rambling thing. And then I posted another post about how I was still embracing Procrastination. And then Wednesday? Well, Wednesday just didn't happen. I think I spent most of Wednesday/Thursday afternoons and evenings lying prostrate on the couch while moaning about wanting to rip out my baby-making organs. This, of course, interspersed with out-of-the-blue crying jags and demon possessed head-spinning. Obviously, I claimed I had no idea where all that crap was coming from. Heh.


I must digress for just a moment to tell all of you out there in Internet-land -- Mr. Clean has the patience of a saint. A SAINT, I tell you. I don't know how he does it, especially when *I* want kill me. Digression over.


Okay, so this award --- it's SO cool and I'm totally flattered in that OMG-I-totally-don't-deserve-this way. And I'll admit... I'm a smidge embarrassed because I don't feel that I've really lived up to this award here lately. But I will strive to do better again!!


Here it is (Pretty! Pretty!):



Deb passed on this bit of information to go with it: “In receiving the award you are asked to share three things that you believe make writing good and powerful, then pass the award on to five blogs that exemplify good and powerful writing.”


My three things: I think writing is good and powerful when it's honest, colorful, and captures the reader, holding them in its grasp well after they've finished reading.


The passing it on part is a little more difficult for me. I read a lot of blogs but don't always comment on them all (because I'm always reading while I'm working and it's hard to sneak in comments when you've already sneaked in the blog-reading). That being said, I would have to pass this award on to:


Mir at Woulda Coulda Shoulda
Joshilyn Jackson at Faster Than Kudzu
Ree at Confessions of a Pioneer Woman
Rachel at The Simple Family
Danny at Dad Gone Mad


I'd also like to return the award back to DebR at Red Shoe Ramblings. Every day she has something new and interesting to check out, whether it be her Daily Art Thang or her current recount of a cruise she just returned from.


Bottom line: I think all of them bring something good and powerful to the table, which keeps me coming back day after day to read their words. Stop by and visit them!


And I promise to try and provide a little more good and powerful here also. Right now, though, the only thing good and powerful going on in my world is having 4 rambunctious teenaged boys running around my house and trying to fix some sort of Malware that's hiding out in the recesses of my computer (ACK!).


Good and powerful coming soon. I think. *grin*
1 Response
  1. Kelly Says:

    Congratulations on the award. There is a book / blog competition thing that you might be interested in. I am going to post about it later so have a look on my blog if you are interested (or have the time!)