Dragonfly
This is really, really late. I’ve been running on fumes since last week. But just think! There will be another one! Tomorrow! (perhaps then, I will get rid of the exclamation marks too!)

Now, while blogging with outlined questions occasionally annoys the snot out of me, I'm truly appreciative of the leads at the moment. I've been duct-taped to the corporate boob and though I'm more than ready to be weaned, I have the feeling I'll be held hostage for just a bit longer still. I've also been hard at work on my novel (and fleshing out a plot outline for another). I'm exhausted. I'd petition for a few extra hours each day, except... I'm afraid I wouldn't get to use them for Sleeping. How badly would that suck?

Appetizer
What movie soundtracks do you own?

Almost Famous – it’s about dead I’ve listened to it so much. Practical Magic. 10 Things I Hate About You – really Baby Sis’ but she left it here. And I don’t own it, but Doodlebug asked for the soundtrack to Ray for his recent birthday. Yeah, the 8 year old loves Ray. Shaggy, who took a History of Rock class this year, has found a secret passion for… Funk. Play that funky music, white boyyyyy. Music is a big thing around our house. Just the other night we spent hours listening to Shaggy’s class CD (a mish-mash of music from different genres, all late 70’s generation this time). Queen and Led Zeppelin topped the favorites list for the entire household but we also enjoyed some stuff I haven’t heard in years – Janis Joplin, Hendrix, Grand Funk, James Taylor, etc.


Soup
How much cash do you usually carry with you?

None. Really. I used to try and keep a few dollars in my wallet but every time I went to use them, I’d find they had been confiscated by spawnlings needing ice cream on Friday or something of equal importance. Now, I just bow to the Gods of the Debit Card.

Salad
Are you more comfortable around men or women? Why?

Men! Women are notoriously catty and – honestly – I just Don’t. Get. It. I grew up with girls whose prime concern in life were whether or not some other girl was looking at their boyfriend. Or they hated me because I could Talk to their boyfriends, keeping them in conversation for hours when all they got were grunts. Get over it. I have one girlfriend – the same one I’ve had since 2nd grade. She’s my soul sister. She doesn’t do catty – she does blunt honesty.

Main Course
What is the most mischievous thing you remember doing as a child?

Oh, I think we covered that in one of my last posts. It’s hard to top creating a snow blizzard in your bedroom. I was always mischievous – still am. It’d take all day to list everything I did just as a child.

Dessert
Who is the funniest member of your family?

My Aunt Silly. She’s a laugh riot. Every Thanksgiving, we trek across the country to her house and the 13 hour drive is always worth it for the side-splitting fun and love.
0 Responses