Dragonfly
This morning marked the beginning of the Butt Crack O' Dawn experiment. If I'm being honest, I have to report that I didn't make it out of bed at 5:30am. I did hear the alarm, though. Seriously, that's huge. I've slept through hurricanes. WW III could erupt around me and I might wake up enough to turn over. To say I enjoy my sleep is sort of an understatement. [grin]

In my defense, I really didn't need to be up that early this morning. Shaggy had a ride to school so I got up at 6:00. Thank goodness for large cumbersome school projects and Grandpa who volunteered morning chauffeur service!

I did manage to run on the treadmill for half an hour. Then, I... umm... took a nap in the driveway while waiting for Doodlebug's bus to show up. Now, I'm off to start my work day so I'll leave you with this serendipitously found little nugget:

25 signs to show if you have grown up


1. Your house plants are alive, but you can't smoke any of them.

2. Having sex in a twin bed is out of the question.

3. You now keep more food than beer in the fridge.

4. 6:00 AM is when you get up, not when you finally go to bed.

5. You can hear your favourite song in an elevator.

6. You watch the Weather Channel.

7. Your friends marry and divorce instead of "hook up" and "break up".

8. You go from 130 days of vacation time to 14.

9. Jeans and a sweater no longer qualify as "dressed up."

10. You're the one calling the police because those %&@# kids next door won't turn down the stereo.

11. Older relatives feel comfortable telling sex jokes around you.

12. You don't know what time McDonalds closes anymore.

13. Your car insurance goes down and your car payments go up.

14. You feed your dog/cat Whiskas instead of McDonald's leftovers.

15. Sleeping on the couch makes your back hurt.

16. You can take naps anytime from noon to 6 PM

17. Dinner and a movie is the whole date instead of the beginning of one.

18. Eating a basket of chicken wings at 3 AM would likely upset, rather than settle, your stomach.

19. If you're female, you go to the chemist for asprin or antacid, not condoms and pregnancy tests.

20. A £3.99 bottle of wine is no longer "pretty damn good stuff."

21. You actually eat breakfast food at breakfast time.

22 "I just can't drink the way I used to..." replaces "I'm never going to drink that much again."

23. 90% of the time you spend in front of a computer is for e-mails only, not games.

24. When you find out your friend is pregnant, you congratulate her instead of saying "No sh*t !?! What Happened !?!?!?!"

25. You read this entire list looking desperately for one sign that doesn't apply to you and can't find one to save your sorry old butt. Then you forward it to a bunch of old pals & friends because you know they'll probably enjoy it & do the same!!
0 Responses